Eve Characters: Baidol Veris
Periol Veris
Ranceal Veris
Becquerel Harley
Jasper Lalonde

MRCHI Participation Requirements

Post by Baidol Veris »

Why do we need activity requirements?

Our presence in the alliance is dependent on contributing to the alliance. The metrics used are “paps”, or records of attendance on strategic ops. This GSF forum thread contains many words and graphs on this topic for the month of May 2017. The core section is the “suck metric”. This metric compares the pap count/member of every corp to the pap count/member of a selected baseline corp. Suck metrics of 5 or greater are unacceptable and will result in expulsion from the alliance if shit is not fixed.

With a few exceptions, Merch Industrial has not had problems meeting participation expectations. The amount people played would vary from person to person and month to month, but, on the balance, the high-activity players in a given month would more than cover the lower-activity players. That still holds true, but now the corp increasingly relies on a small set of high-activity players. In particular, Kachiko accounts for almost one-third of the corporation’s pap links for the month of June. If Kachiko burns out or finally succumbs to alcohol poisoning, we’re in trouble.

Activity requirements

New players to EVE coming via Penny-Arcade get a 3-month acclimation period. Once the 3-months are over, they must meet the non-probationary member requirements listed below.

New to the corp, but not to EVE, players, being sponsored in must go on 2 ops/month for a 3-month probationary period. Failure to meet this requirements will result in expulsion. After the probationary period is over, they must meet the non-probationary member requirements listed below. If you sponsor a player, it is your responsibility to ensure they understand this requirement and integrate into the corp (get on services, etc.).

For non-probationary members, on a rolling 3 month basis, members must go on at least 2 strategic or corporation (op post required and approved by OUR CEO) ops. For example, if you went on two ops in May, you’re covered for May, June, and July. By the end of August, however, you would need to have gone on another 2 ops. Obviously, we would like that you go on more than just those two ops in that time period, but that’s the minimum that will keep you from getting booted. Veteran members who have shown significant activity in the past get more leeway.

That’s it. This is not a strenuous requirement, but it will help ensure that we don’t have people six months in the corp who have done nothing but sit around. Note that strategic ops are not peacetime ops. Each jabber ping will state whether it is a strategic or peacetime op.

People returning to the corp after leaving due to inactivity or being purged for inactivity get one month to go on ops before being purged again.

When does this policy go into place?

As of the November 2017 update, the policies listed above will go into effect in December. Thus, the first purge for sponsored-member inactivity will be at the end of December.

How do I know a fleet is available?

You need to be on jabber. All fleets are pinged on jabber and those pings provide the identity of the FC, the ship doctrine, and the reimbursement status amongst other things. A more detailed explanation can be found in the Newbie Information Thread. Want to run a corporation op for fun? Make a thread on the MRCHI forums with a day, time, and doctrine and ask for someone to ping it on jabber to advertise it. These do not need to be nullsec roams either. Hisec gank ops, for example, were quite popular in the past and would qualify.

I don’t know what to do on a fleet

The only way to learn how to act on a fleet is to go on a fleet. If you’re really worried, get a cheap ewar frigate and go on a fleet without worrying about doing something wrong or committing a large sum of isk. To do some homework ahead of time, you can read this wiki article and this GSF forum thread. Have questions ahead of time or during a fleet? Ask in corp jabber!

My timezone sucks

EVE is unique in that, due to everyone (except the Chinese servers) playing on the same shard, some timezones may have significantly less action than others. The classic example is AUTZ. In situations such as these, you should be aware that there are timezone specific groups for some timezones. For AUTZ, there is Space Ghosts who happen to be partially lead by our very own Vorlayin/Peons.

Mainfleet sucks

There are many SIGs and Squads that do fleet work that are separate from mainfleets. Give them a shot. You should do this anyway because many of them are quite a bit of fun.

Are there other things I can do besides going on fleets?

Ratting extensively does not count. We’ve had members in the past who insisted that their ratting was their contribution to the corporation and the alliance. They, and all their sponsorees, got booted.

Having said that, we may be willing to consider other corp/alliance focused activities, such as industry or running corporation ops, in lieu of fleet participation. Solo/small gang experts, particularly in strategic locales, may get special consideration. However, there are several people in corp who are extensive industrialists, have contributed significantly to the corp in such capacities, and still found time to go on a few fleets. It is not hard to get a line ship, or even an ewar frigate if you’re cheap, and go on two fleets every three months.

What if I’m going to be gone for a while?

Getting married? Going away for a job? Burning out? That’s cool! Drop a director a note in jabber and we’ll avoid purging you until you can come back. EVE mail is not an acceptable way to ask for a reprieve. Note that if you are going to be gone for several months and/or disappear for longer than you state, you’ll probably get purged.

What if I intended to go on some fleets, but suddenly got busy?

That’s fine. You can ask for a 1-month extension by asking a director on jabber. Note that if you abuse this for several months, we’ll just purge you and blacklist you from the corp.

Do I retain GSF services if I get purged?

Yes, you still retain full jabber and GSF forums access. Feel free to keep badposting until you decide to start playing again.

Can I come back if I get purged?

Yes! Simply reapply and send a note to a director in jabber that you reapplied.

Why do you keep bolding and underlining jabber?

That is a not-so-subtle way to emphasize the importance of jabber. Be on jabber.
Kael Attrell
Director
Eve Characters: Ellthiteren, Treya Sabrel, Jeran Shardani, Gotthard Manschott

Re: MRCHI Participation Requirements

Post by Kael Attrell »

hail satan
Kael Attrell
Director
Eve Characters: Ellthiteren, Treya Sabrel, Jeran Shardani, Gotthard Manschott

Post by Kael Attrell »

just imagine how much less screen real estate you'd have had to scroll through had you read the above message on jabber.
hyprviper1

Post by hyprviper1 »

your not my real dad
Latia
Eve Characters: Latia
Carrena Soul
Kabira
Isalden

Post by Latia »

Someone make me a signature like Kael's.
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

what is this thing called jabber?
Methusela
Eve Characters: Mila Maxima
purist70
Light Core
Sapphire Sun
icy paws
Ashlee Vuitton Trinh
Hold me now
You Better Run
greygnome

Post by Methusela »

Quite reasonable requirement I would say. One question though, I've got a few alts in corp. How is that handled? Obviously these characters won't show any participation only my main will.
Knossos
Eve Characters: Knossos
Hypereon

Post by Knossos »

Since all characters are linked together, they all count as one. Example, I can go out on ops with my logi alt and it counts towards my main as well.
Baidol Veris
Director
Eve Characters: Baidol Veris
Periol Veris
Ranceal Veris
Becquerel Harley
Jasper Lalonde

Post by Baidol Veris »

Knossos is correct, with a minor clarification where "linked together" means their full API is under your account in the Goon Auth system.
Muliphen
Director
Eve Characters: Muliphen, Princeps Albertis

Post by Muliphen »

Jabber is love, jabber is life.
VIPERTSUB7

Post by VIPERTSUB7 »

VIPERTSUB7 and Tdirgin85 is mine so plz no puge :P
Nimsil Farbender

Post by Nimsil Farbender »

Hey guys, Being the new guy here (Only been around 6 days), I'm wondering what ops qualify for corp pap participation? I've seen lots of different types of pings for fleets but I'm having trouble finding which types would count for my 2 per month (for first 3 months.)
Knossos
Eve Characters: Knossos
Hypereon

Post by Knossos »

In the pings in jabber it will say "strat" "stratop" or "strategic". Something like that. Strategic ops count towards the pap counter.
ptach

Post by ptach »

hyprviper1 wrote:your not my real dad

are you sure?

https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/dna-te ... -children/